- Beet - 1,medium (Dont remove the skin and don't discard the beet leaves,use them.They are also good for your health)
- Bottleguard- 1 cup (cut in big pieces)
- Spinach - 2 cups (Remember....spinach reduces to 1/3rd its quantity after cooking)
- Ginger- 1 small piece
- Garlic (optional)- 1 clove
- Black pepper powder- 1 tsp
- Salt - To taste
Click the vegetables to know more about them and their health benefits.
- Pressure cook the vegetables (Beet,bottlegourd and spinach) with very less water and let them cool.
- Remove the skin of beet and put the vegetables in the blender.
- Add salt, ginger and garlic pieces.Add water if required.
- Blend them thoroughly.
- Take in a bowl and add pepper powder while serving.
This recipe is my entry to the WYF - Salad/Starter/Soup event hosted by Easycrafts of Simple Indian Food blog.
I find this recipe very apt for the 'Eat Healthy Fight Diabetes' contest hosted by Sangeeth of Art of cooking indian food.So here it goes......
* I prefer to keep the soup oil free.You can season it with cumin and mustard seeds..
* Individuals with already existing and untreated kidney or gallbladder problems or those who have a tendency to develop kidney stones may want to avoid eating beet and spinach or take your doctors advice first.