There is leftover Khaman dhokla in your kitchen and you are wondering what to do with it,dont worry!!!! Just do what I usually do when I am in a similar situation.......turn those tasty khaman dhoklas into much tastier 'AMIRI KHAMAN'.
Whattttt...... you don't know this recipe,you have never tasted it ? Then make it fast.Once you make this dish I am sure you will love it and never forget it. Its a Gujarati delicacy.The actual process of making Amiri khaman is different. You have to soak the dals,its a bit tidious process. What I am going to show is an easier way of making it.
The taste is a little better when you follow the long process.But in this method you will save your time and you can make the best use of leftovers. So are you ready....?
- Leftover khaman Dhoklas - 6-8 no.s
- Juice of half lemon
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Green chillies - 2 (cut lengthwise)
- Curry leaves - 3-4
- Ginger(grated or paste) - 2 tsp
- Garlic (grated or finely chopped) - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds -1 tsp
- Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
- Sugar to taste
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro,finely chopped - 1/2 tbsp
- Nylon sev - 1 tbsp
- Grated coconut (fresh) - 1 tbsp
*You can also add Pomegranate
- First crumble the dhoklas by hand and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, sesame seeds, curry leaves ,green chillies, ginger and garlic.
Then add the dhokla crumbles,sugar and salt.Mix well.
Cook for about 5 mins covered.Once again mix well and put off the flame.
Garnish with chopped cilantro, sev and grated coconut and serve.
Serves - 2