This recipe is called Chinese Tortilla Samosa. Samosa......well, who doesn't like them? It serves as a good accompaniment with tea or you can just eat it like that. Unlike our regular samosas with the potato filling, these samosas have a Chinese style filling...... and it tastes awesome!! It makes a wonderful appetizer and so easy to make that it saves you a lot of time.
So friends, what do you think about the idea of using a tortilla for the samosa cover? I love it ,it saves so much of my time and tastes awesome. I have used them in regular samosas also. Just give it a try and you will surely love idea. So let's start...
- Large Tortilla's (regular) - 3 no.s
All purpose flour+ water paste (to seal)
- Cabbage, shredded - 3/4th cup
- Carrot, shredded - 1/2th cup
- Capsicum, finely chopped - 1/2th cup
- Green/regular onion, finely chopped - 1/2 cup
- Boiled noodles- 1 cup
- Cilantro - 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Soy sauce - 2-3 tsp
- Tomato ketchup - 2 tsp
- Vinegar - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
Oil - For frying
- Put all the filling ingredients in a bowl, except noodles and salt and mix well.
Add the noodles and salt (as per taste) and again mix well.
Keep the filling aside.
- If you have taken the tortilla's from the refrigerator,they tend to be hard. Heat them for a minute in the microwave with a wet cloth or tissue over it. This makes them softer.
- Fold the tortilla into half and cut it from the center. Now you get 2 halves.
- Again fold these two parts into half and cut them.In total now you get 4 pieces from a single large tortilla.
- Now you are ready to make the samosas.
- Take care to remove the water from the filling before filling it in the tortilla.
- Take one tortilla piece and make a cone as shown in the picture below.
- Put the filling in it. (Don't put too much filling...see that it doesn't come out of the cone.)
- Apply the all purpose flour paste on the top flap and seal the samosa cover.
- Repeat it with all the tortilla covers.
- Deep fry them in oil and serve the crispy samosas hot with ketchup.
*I tried to bake them but they did not turn so well,may be there's some problem with my oven. I think the baked one's will also taste good and they will be a much healthier option.