Hi everybody,its time for yet another jhatpat recipe.
The recipe is Besan chilla,again one of my favourites. It can be prepared in no time and at the same time its tasty as well as nutritious.Chick pea is said to be a good source of fiber and many other nutrients and low in fat.
In chilla in addition to chick pea flour,vegetables are also added.I have added only tomato and onion,you can always add vegetable of your choice for example carrot which makes it more nutrient rich.
- 2 cups Besan (chick pea flour)
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tomato (finely chopped)
- 2-3 Green Chillies (finely chopped)
- Cilantro 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Ginger a small piece (finely chopped)
- Red Chilli Powder 2tsp
- Turmeric powder 1tsp
- Asafoetida (hing) a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Take a large mixing bowl,add besan (chick pea flour),salt,red chili powder,turmeric powder and asafoetida.Mix well.
- Make a smooth and thick batter by adding appropriate amount of water.
- Mix well with a spatula and take care that no lumps are formed.
- Add rest of the ingredients,mix well and leave for 10 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick pan or tawa.Grease it with oil on a medium flame and pour a big spoonful of batter when it becomes hot.
- Spread the batter to a round shape just like a dosa ,but don't make it too thin.
- Pour little oil around its edges.when the lower side turns golden brown turnover the chilla.
- Remove from the tawa when both the sides are done.
- Serve hot chilla with cilantro chutney or ketchup or pickle.