Chutney,according to wikipedia is a term for a variety of sweet and spicy condiments usually involving a fresh, chopped primary vegetable or fruit with added seasonings. Chutney is said to have originated in India,isn't that great!!! The word chutney is derived from the East Indian word chatni.
When it comes to chutney,this is one my favorites.I learnt this recipe from my mother.This is a different kind of chutney and I am sure you will love it. It's easy,healthy and quick to make,no grinding.So lets get started..
- Cooked Tur dal /Red gram dal 2 cups (While pressure cooking tur dal,add less water.Don't make it watery,it should be of thick consistency.)
- Onion 1 (medium,finely chopped)
- Garam masala 2-3 tsp (adjust according to your taste)
- Cumin seeds(jeera) powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander (Cilantro) 2 tbsp
- Take a bowl and mix all the above ingredients well ,keep some coriander aside for garnishing.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with roti or rice.