Tip of the Day

"Use the water of boiled vegetables for gravy,doing so you get more flavour and you don't lose the nutrients which otherwise drain off with water.."

*College Chaat

Hey friends I am back from my vacation.Last week I had been to my aunt's place.It was so much fun,felt like I was in India.But I really missed blogging. I was not in touch with the blogging world,I know I have so many wonderful recipes from my fellow bloggers to catch up with.

College Chaat

MBP-Street Food event hosted by Sia of Monsoon Spice and started by Coffee of The spice cafe is a wonderful event which helps us to explore other wonderful food blogs.

Photobucket

For MBP-Street Food event,I chose this delicious chaat recipe from my friend Shubha's blog. This is a yummy chaat which I frequently make and love it!!! I made a few changes in the original recipe,you can check out the original recipe here.


Ingredients
  • Peanuts,roasted and dehusked - 1 big cup (I used the roasted and salted peanuts we get in market.)
  • Tomato,finely chopped - 1 medium
  • Onion,finely chopped 1 medium
  • Green chillies (finely chopped)/Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
  • Lemon juice - 2 tsp
  • Raw Mango pieces - 1/3 cup (optional)
  • Cilantro,finely chopped 2 tbsp
  • Salt to taste
Method
  • Take all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Keep some cilantro for garnishing.

  • Garnish with cilantro and serve.

Serves 2



** Beware of the recent Salmonella outbreak in raw tomatoes. You can read more about it here

18 comments:

Madhavi said...

Hummm chaat looks mouth-drooling, great entry!!!

FH said...

Looks yum! I love those Beer peanuts you get in gas stations, yummy chaat!:))

Anonymous said...

wow...this looks yummy and can be made in no time.

Lisa Turner said...

Good choice for an entry. If I ever get the opportunity to visit India, I am headed straight for the street vendors :)

Cham said...

Very fresh and cool chaat :)

Kalai said...

Yummy chaat, Hetal! Perfect for MBP! :)

Sum Raj said...

mouth watering chat...great entry

Sunshinemom said...

I know that tasted good! P loves it with drinks - perfect chakna:)

Uma said...

delicious chat, Hetal! nice entry.

Andhra Flavors said...

yummy chaat! I love chaats, but iam missing here :(

Shubha Ravikoti said...

Hi hetal Nice entry...:)Are u back? u not seen online so just wondering

Niya prakash said...

Hi Hetal

Wonderful photos of Chaat & Hari bari roti (Roti with green wrapping).

Good luck for cooking event.

Thanks Hetal

ST said...

Hetal ,Chaat looks drooling and inviting........Gr8 entry!!

Archana Doshi said...

so perfect i remember having this in the beaches of Marina in chennai. BTW I am hosting a ONE DISH MEAL EVENT I would love for you to participate. The details for the event are in my website.

Ivy said...

Hetal, what does chaat mean? Is it salad? Anyway it looks great especially with the peanuts.

Dori said...

This sounds good, I love snacks like this!

Srikitchen said...

pics are yummy... tempting me to eat.. good entry

Vani said...

the college chaat looks yum, Hetal! Just like the peanut masala you get in pubs in BLR :)