Tip of the Day

"Use the water of boiled vegetables for gravy,doing so you get more flavour and you don't lose the nutrients which otherwise drain off with water.."

*Hari-Bhari Roti

I love to experiment with food and try out new recipes. Its so much fun...and when the recipe turns out good it makes me feel so good and I get encouraged to keep on experimenting with different types of food.

When I heard about Roti mela, I wanted to send a recipe which is different,tasty and nutritious too. Taking this inspiration I decided to make this recipe which turned out very well. I am so happy to send it to the Roti mela hosted by Srivalli of Cooking 4 all seasons blog.

I am also sending this recipe to Original recipe by Lore of Culinarty.

Hari-Bhari Roti


Ingredients
  • Wheat flour 2 cups
  • Oil 2 tsp
  • Spinach leaves, chopped 1 cup
  • Onion greens,chopped 1/2 cup
  • Ginger a small piece
  • Garlic 2 pods
  • Green chilly 1
  • Turmeric powder 2 tsp
  • Salt to taste
Method
  • Make a paste of spinach, onion greens,ginger,garlic,green chilly and salt. (Don't add extra water)
  • Knead a firm dough adding the above paste to wheat flour,oil mixture .(If needed add water.)

  • Roast the roti on a tawa or girdle.
  • Serve this Hari-Bhari roti with potato sabji or any other vegetable of your choice.


You can also make paranthas instead of roti.

Serves 2-4

18 comments:

Ivy said...

Hi Hetal. These sound really yummy. We make something similar in Cyprus and bake them in a "sort of frying pan" called sadji.

Could you please e-mail me at recipesandadviceATgmailDOTcom

Anonymous said...

very good item....eating daily plain roti, we can have a change of taste...all will like especially children...

Uma said...

delicious rotis, Hetal! I always love your beautiful presentation.

Recipeswap said...

You have a nice blog with interesting recipes.

Andhra Flavors said...

Hari-bhari roti wht a name..nice one :).

Srivalli said...

Looks great..thanks for the entry!

Anonymous said...

Hey Hetal, those rotis look yummy ...
I have a surprise for u at my blog post http://foodwithapinchoflove.wordpress.com/2008/06/19/another-meme/

Lisa Turner said...

I could happily eat Roti everyday. Very nice! I've only just begun to explore these delights.

Madhavi said...

Hummm roti looks great, lovely recipe and wonderful presentation too!!!

ST said...

Lovely and delicious rotis. Love the presentation.......

Archy said...

Healthy roti with spinach in it !! I add only spinach, this time shall try ur version!! Nice entry !!

Anonymous said...

You have a lovely blog, just came across it by chance

Pragyan said...

Hi Hetal: Thanks for visiting my blog. You have got a lovely blog here. Will keep coming back :) Have a great weekend!

Lore said...

I can definitely imagine some pretty yummy ways of using your delish rotis recipe!

ST said...

There is a treat for u at my blog:))

Sunshinemom said...

Yummy dear! This time I have something for you at my blog to show my appreciation!

Aditi..............:) said...

Hi dear!!! Lovely recipe....:)
will try it....long time since i have visited ur blog....will keep coming...;)

Lore said...

You already know I really like the looks of your Roti :). Thanks for joining the Original Recipes' fun!