Tip of the Day

"Use the water of boiled vegetables for gravy,doing so you get more flavour and you don't lose the nutrients which otherwise drain off with water.."

*Lasun (Garlic) Chutney for Your Recipe Rocks ,T&T and AFAM

Lasun(Garlic) chutney

I just came across this wonderful recipe in Nupur's blog and immediately decided to make it.This is one of my favorite chutneys. This chutney reminds me of my childhood,when I was small if some vegetable which i didn't like was prepared at home,I used to eat this chutney(instead of the vegetable) with chapati,I just love it !!

After coming to US, I haven't tasted this chutney.Thanks to Nupur and all these blogging events that I got to eat my favorite chutney once more . The events I am talking about are Your Recipe Rocks by Madhuram of Eggless Cooking,T&T by Zlamushka of Spicy kitchen (in which we had to prepare a recipe from Nupur's blog One Hot Stove)-I must say that Nupur has a wonderful blog with so many different and tasty recipes and AFAM by Suganya of Tasty Palettes -Coconut is this month's theme.

Ingredients
  • 1/3 cup Dry shredded coconut (unsweetened)
  • 1/3 cup Peanuts
  • 4 cloves Garlic
  • 5 dried Red chillies
  • 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
  • 1 tbsp Poppy seeds
  • Salt to taste
Method:
  • Dry roast each ingredient (except salt) seperately on low heat till toasted.

  • Grind all ingredients together to form the chutney. Store in a dry container.
  • (Recipe by Nupur of One Hot Stove)
I tried to keep the recipe same as the original,I just skipped tamarind and reduced the quantity of Garlic.You can see the original recipe here. This chutney can serve as an accompaniment for most of the Indian meal.

This recipe is my entry to Your Recipe Rocks ,T&T and AFAM.


10 comments:

Dori said...

This sounds really tasty... I would love to try it!

Sharmila said...

Hi Hetal! That chutney looks good .. I have never made one with coconut .. am sure going to try this.And loved reading your meme too. :-)

Sagari said...

looks yummy isha

Sunshinemom said...

My husband loves this! I am not a huge fan! Good entry:)

Indranee Batabyal said...

This garlic chutney should taste great Hetal!Thanks for the recipe, I'll it out:)

ST said...

There is something waiting for u at my blog :))
It's my favorite one......The chutney looks good......Love reading ur meme...

FH said...

Yummy and spicy, good one Hetal!:)

@the_whisk_affair said...

well its great u managed one recipe for 3 events! (i did the same) :-)

theres something for u on my blog!! come and get it

Beyond Curries said...

That's a very tasty one indeed. I'm also going to prepare this. Thanks for sending it to the event. But next time could you send a wholesome dish wish can be had for either breakfast, lunch or dinner.

zlamushka said...

Hetal,
Thanks so much for your entry. The chutney sounds delish, simple and great. I hope I see you around for July´s edition...