First of all I would like to wish my mother , my mother-in-law and all the mothers out there a very ' Happy Mothers Day '.
It is said that because God cannot be with everyone he created Mother. This is so very right.
Usually Mother's Day is celebrated on different days in various parts of the world, but it is celebrated today (May 11th) in US and India. So,I dedicate this day to the most loving and caring personality on the earth - 'MOTHER' .
On this special day what can be better than a Mother's recipe. Friends,I present to you a recipe sent by my mother (mother-in-law).
- Bajra flour 2 cups
- Wheat flour 1 cup
- Rava 1/4 cup
- Curd 1/2 cup
- Red chilli powder 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Til (sesame seeds) 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 3 tsp + frying
- Mix together all the ingredients and knead the dough.If needed add a little water. (Make the dough a bit harder than the chapati flour)
- Keep it aside for about 1-2 hrs.
- Lightly knead it once more. Make small balls and roll out like small puris. (In the traditional method of making Bajra vadas ,the dough is soft and the dough balls are patted with the hand to make a small patty. This is a bit different method)
- Heat oil in the frying pan and fry the vadas.
- The Bajra vadas can be served hot or cold.
- The Bajra vadas made in this way can stay fresh without freezing for 4-5 days. (The ones with ginger and green chilly paste do not stay for so many days, hence red chilli powder is used here.)
- Serve hot with green chutney,pickle or cold with hot tea.
The word Mother brings this song to my mind. I love this song........
And also enjoy this video from the movie Taare Zameen Par.
10 Good Reasons to Treat Your Mom
It is your mother who brings you to see the light of this world. It is she who looks after the helpless you and serves you with all her heart and does everything to make your life comfortable. Just for a day, at least, we shall stop taking our mothers for granted.
Mother's Day is one occasion that gives you the opportunity to do something for your mother. And if you start wondering about the reasons you need to treat your mother, you would end up with nothing less than a zillion reasons. Let's just remember the most important reasons for which we need to be grateful to our mom and that would be enough to arrange a lavish treat for her on the special occasion of Mother's Day.
* Since your childhood you have watched your mom washing and ironing your clothes, keeping your school uniform sparkling and spotless, and your jumpers without a single crease.
* You have been lucky enough to be picked and dropped to and from your school every single day right form your first day at school.
* Whenever you had a fight and for the slightest reason or if you needed a reason to cry on someone's shoulders, your mom was the one giving you the comfort and patiently listening to all your heartburns and grumbling.
* Just remember the innumerable times you wanted a fresh new set of designer clothes and your mother dug out her pocket money to fulfill your wish.
* The food world in which you gorged ever since you were a child and grew up on, was cooked day in and day out by your beloved mother. Just think of the hundreds of incredible dishes she prepared for you, the tasty lunchboxes she fixed for you, the cakes she baked, the snacks, the cups of tea and delicious suppers. It surely makes your mouth water even now.
* Your mother is always there for you through every thick-and-thin of your life. She is the person you can depend upon to stand by you anytime you need her.
* Remember all those difficult undecided moments of life and you needed someone who could make you see reason and pour some worldly-wise advice in your ears. It was surely your mother who lent you patient ears and then pulled you out of the mess in your life.
* Think about the tons of love she professes for you everyday through all her acts, big and small. It can't even be measured. It can only be felt.
What your mother does for you is absolutely beyond assessment but when the enormity of her love and sacrifice is felt you realize that surely your mom deserves a special treat this Mother's Day. It would only be a small way to show your gratefulness to her.